Monday, November 16, 2009

new poem/hello

SUGAR IN the basement I am always seething I have cooking something sweet over a fire I'm ever stoking looks like sugar, tastes like meat AND in the night I am ever watchful I am the gun-man on your porch the guard of everything that's awful always drunk & out of sorts D-that Berryman reading I first heard with you and M near the 30th&Main house is still one of my favorites. Yr right, the songs have been difficult, re-reading always treats me different, but 14 stays. You like Brendan Behan? Been starting slowly, but rich in Irish history and a good drinker, give it a chance. Keep me updated on events coming up, a week or 2 if you can, so I can take the train down. I had sweet potatoe fries, avocado, & coffee. Love you much, N

1 comment:

  1. Nolan!
    I'm in love with that poem. First because of how ummmcomfortable the line "looks like sugar, tastes like meat" makes me. And second, the way that you say "I have cooking..." is so very Nolan Foster. Thank. you. very. much.
    k.

    ReplyDelete